Tuesday













































"Socks" by Ye Rin Mok 

What a cute photography project! I can actually write in my blog today instead of scribbling down a list of things that are on my mind. Guess why? Because my only class got canceled tomorrow and so I have some time on my hands. BUT I really should either be 1) sleeping soundly in my cozy bed.. or 2) reading my Labor Economics book I finally got in the mail today. My first midterm is coming up in a few days and.. I'm excited to finally step into Geisel for the first time tomorrow. It's been raining tonight, and I absolutely love it. Most girls lovee rainy days, as long as they or their clothes don't get wet. And that's exactly my case! I'm a bit sad that I have no reason to step out side of my apartment tomorrow.. because I really wanted to show off my cute pastel green umbrella that I never got to use.. hehe. I guess I can use it on my way to Geisel, even though it's only a minute away. Hot chocolate while reading about indifference curves and labor supply sounds perfect right now. I've been eating way too much junk food lately.. and my stomach is in much pain. This weekend, I ate super fattening chips and chocolate, soda, In N Out at midnight, ramen and ice cream at 3 am.. at Sarah's, McD's for breakfast, super duper oily kalbi that Sam, David, and Zubin cooked (who knew this day would come), two bags of super spicy TapEx fried chicken, a green apple snow bubble, a super unhealthy burrito of a billion calories, shortbread cookies, banana cream pie (it was so delicious), green tea mochi ice cream, late night bibimbap (..) and.. I'll just stop there. A major guilt trip...... sigh. Today, my cousins texted me to tell me how fun New York City is (while I was suffering in my Econometrics class) and how much they wished I was there with them. I am so bummed I couldn't make it.. stupid midterms! I'm so jealous of all the shopping they're gonna be doing.. all the touring.. all the pretty places that I could have gone with Russell... I wish, I wish.

Well.. lately, I've been feeling super duper happy.. for no particular reason at all. Joyful, would be a better word. Things don't always go my way, and I get frustrated sometimes.. but everything in my life has been running PRET-TY smoothly for the past MANY months that I began to wonder.. "Is something bad bound to happen?" Yanno, good things come with the bad. But I realized, it's not that "bad" things never occured in the past few months. I could think of so many trials and challenges that I had to deal with (and STILL dealing with).. yet I am still joyful. Am I rejoicing in all that I do because I've learned to see past the "bad" things? Perhaps, but I'm thinking it might have a witto something to do with my Faith, with a capital F! As pastor Ben said, "joy is a marker of how close you are to Christ." Learning to rejoice in Him even during tough trials and being able to see past my selfish desires was something that I've been working on all my life.. and I am happy to see that I'm getting better at it. I'm still under training, but I can't emphasize enough how happy I am these days. "Everyone has a God-shaped void in our hearts. Only God can fill that emptiness, and nothing else." Maybe that void in my heart is slowly but completely being filled with Him.

So.. in short, I am a happy little girl. Too bad I have a mean default face. It always makes me look like I'm mad. Hehehehehe. 

Time to SERIOUSLY KNOCK THE FREAK OUT in my warm, cozy bed.. while hearing the rain outside my window. (Whatta drama queen..) NO ALARMS NECESSARY TONIGHT! I wouldn't be surprised if I woke up at 3PM.


.