Father in heaven, I come to You in repentance. I keep stumbling and falling. My heart is raging with anger and I've become bitter and cold. I've become so self-righteous that I've forgotten Who I'm serving, why I'm doing the things I do, and where I'm heading. I keep fronting but You know better than anyone that my heart has been filled with anguish. I am so aggravated to the point I've become indifferent to all the anger that is building up in me. God, help me to swallow my pride, fury, and hurt. Please lead me to repentance and help me be rooted in Your Word and prayer daily. You are a God of Love, a God of Forgiveness, and a God of Grace.. and I realize, once again, that I am undeserving of it all. I keep living a life of a Pharisee. But God, this is not how I want to live. As You have commanded, help me to love others just as You have loved me. Lord, please forgive me for neglecting Your Word in times of distress. Allow me to use this trial as an opportunity to grow in faith and develop perseverance. Instead of becoming angry and furious, help me to rejoice in the fact that You have died for an unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful wretch like me.
"A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another." John 13:34-35
Amen.
.